- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- MariaDB, SQLite, Postgres
- Design: Crisp sense of aesthetics.
- Architecture: Deployment scripts, information silos, and firewalling off human error.
- Server Administration: Config, test scripts, and bulletproofing.
- Coding: PHP, Ruby, Python, C++, and shell scripting. Easily able to pick up new languages.
- Video, Graphics, and Streaming: Imagemagick, ffmpeg, video4linux, melt, mencoder, etc.
- Technical writing: Polished documentation and skilled copy-editing.
- Deep appreciation for the modular nature of UNIX, and the ability to leverage that modularity towards elegant solutions.
- Current preferred distro is Arch. Also strongly familiar with Ubuntu and Debian, and happy to learn other distros upon client request.
- Focus: Reach for familiar technologies first; absorb new ones as necessary. KISS.
- Efficiency: Work with what is already there unless there is good reason not to.
- Flexibility: Accept that life is messy. Avoid unnecessary arguments. Indulge the client's whims whenever practical.
- Autonomy: If the printer is out of paper, re-stock it. If you don't know where the paper is, find out.
- Teamwork: If the printer's out of paper, and you see the new guy digging through the cabinets, show him where the paper is.
- Playfulness: Just because you're programming a machine doesn't mean you have to become one. People do better work with a smile on their face.